I’m sure you’re probably thinking… blogging can’t be that hard, right? Actually, blogging is more than just posting content on a cute website. The Minimalists shared some tips on how to be a creative, unbelievable blogger.
- Find Your Niche- What’s your passion? What do you want to share with your following? Find something you’re passionate about and create content that goes with it, whether it’s cooking, cleaning, makeup, healthy living, etc. Finding your niche will really help you narrow your content and make things more organized.
- Define Your Ideal Readers– Who is your audience? If you’re blog focuses on cooking, your blog should be aimed towards people who find an interest in cooking. The same goes for if your blog is a college blog, it should be directed towards college students. Once you figure out your audience, writing for them will become easier!
- Add Value– Readers want to read something that will value them. They don’t want to read something that is just there. When writing your blog posts, make sure they’re valuable to your readers lives. If you’re writing a blog post about college scholarships for incoming freshman, maybe provide a link that takes them directly to the scholarship page instead of just telling them the scholarships.
- Be Original– The most important! Originality is key. Because there are so many blogs on the web, people are generally going to be writing about the same thing. As long as you’re original with your content, people will continue to come back to your blog to read your posts, which is the goal.
- Be Yourself– Your blog is in fact, yours! Everything on there should be things you like. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not just to drive traffic to your blog, but if you’re yourself, people will want to read your blog just because it’s different than the others.
Take these tips, and run with them! Click the link to find more tips on how to be a successful blogger. Happy blogging!
Photo Credit: Malia Brown